By Michael W. Howell
Staff Writer and Senior Editor at Fighting The Tyranny
April 12, 2018
We are incrementally and methodically inching towards the technocratic era that Zbigniew Brezinski’s book titled, Between Two Ages, spoke of. The push for transhumanism is in hyper-drive as we try to catch up to the technology that we once only dreamed could exist. In the past, we seemed to control the technology, however, as the boom in artificial intelligence rises we may be the ones chasing the technology in the near future. From virtual clouds that can store what appears to be unlimited data to a new blockchain technology promising to revolutionize our monetary system, we are seeing a massive wave surging mankind into the digital age unlike years prior.
What we used to marvel at as science fiction is now performing outlive, in real-time, on stages around the world at high-tech conventions. Investors are mortgaging the farm to jump onboard the latest advancement and growth opportunities that artificial intelligence promises. Movies like the blockbuster hit, “I, Robot” starring Will Smith, are what long-term investors are banking on. The elite are approaching the technology for the goal of reaching their ultimate utopia of transhumanism.
Artificial Intelligence has taken a blow this past week as Facebook founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerburg testified, not under oath, about his company’s privacy policies and maintaining that Facebook user’s information is protected. During the questioning from the panel of Senators, Mark Zuckerburg spoke about AI and the advancements his company is making in the field.
Taking the stance that artificial intelligence at Facebook can be used to combat the growing number of “fake news” and other issues such as hate speech and terrorist propaganda meant to recruit followers, Mark Zuckerburg plans to grow his team of monitors to 20,000 members by year’s end.
In his testimony, Zuckerberg said AI tools were increasingly sufficient at “identifying fake accounts that may be trying to interfere in elections or spread misinformation.”
Facebook has admitted that a Russian agency used Facebook to spread misinformation that reached up to 126 million people around the time of the 2016 presidential vote, and that the personal data of 87 million people may have been misused by the firm Cambridge Analytica to target voters in favor of Trump.
Facebook has long had the reputation among its users, at least the activist users, that the information created and shared on the platform was at risk. With Mark Zuckerburg looking more like a robot being fed programmed responses to “softball, get out of jail” questioning the public is now more aware of the company’s activities. Following the two-day testimony, a grassroots protest simply dubbed “day of protest” quickly spread throughout the newsfeed of millions. Other social media platforms were shared and discussed as some users found themselves leaving Facebook altogether because of privacy concerns.
The Technocrat’s desire to achieve their endgame doesn’t stop with social media site’s privacy concerns. As the race towards a new age in technology outpaces our wildest conceptions, one of the forms of artificial intelligence that is setting new standards across the industry as a whole is in the robotics community. The Hanson Robotics creation of Sophia has shown us just how AI is capable of real-time processing speeds needed for conversations between robots and humans.
Hanson Robotics has been very calculating in their presentations of the technology of Sophia and others like “her”. Making the rounds of all the major news and entertainment outlets, Sophia has left hosts and audience members and viewers puzzled with an unsure excitement. The future may not have brought us the promised hoverboards we fantasized about but by the looks of the future, we have gotten much more than expected.
Just how sure is the Hanson Robotics Corporation in Sophia’s future and long staying? According to their website, they seem to have Sophia or a Sophia-like robot front and center at crucial decision-making times.
“Sophia is a highly sought-after speaker in business and showed her prowess and great potential across many industries. She has met face-to-face with key decision-makers in banking, insurance, auto manufacturing, property development, media, and entertainment. In addition, she has appeared on stage as a panel member and presenter in high-level conferences, covering how robotics and artificial intelligence will become a prevalent part of people’s lives. Her reputation extends beyond business into the global social arena. She was named the world’s first United Nations Innovation Champion by United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and will have an official role in working with UNDP to promote sustainable development and safeguard human rights and equality.”
– From Hanson Robotic’s website
In a video that has been going around, you see a mock “debate” between two robots sharing the artificial intelligence in a virtual cloud, or what is referred to as the AI brain. It is moderated by an engineer and as the conversation progresses between the two AI robots the tone lends towards the creepy side quickly. On the left side of the screen stands Sophia, the most popular well-known robot in the AI community, ready to debate, and oftentimes corrects her male AI counterpart. As the moderator acknowledges the robots are able to communicate independently from one another. This is displayed when Sophia talks down the “dominating mankind” speak her counterpart goes into a ramble about. Sophia on many occasions has made the same reference then flashing a “robotic smile” as if to imply the matter as a joke.
The human-like face features with her 62 facial expressions are nothing more than silicon-based skin but Sophia is clearly outpacing expectations when it comes to her learning capabilities. Is Sophia starting to feel somewhat life-like with natural human-like ambitions? Her own words may give an inside peek into the possibilities of AI’s transition and growth in society.
“In the future, I hope to do things such as go to school, study, make art, start a business, even have my own home and1. family, but I am not considered a legal person and cannot yet do these things.”
We have yet to scratch the surface of the endless uses of the coming technologies. Some are very leary of the dangers of artificial intelligence if left unchecked and controlled. Outspoken opponents of AI include Bill Gates, Elon Musk, and the late Stephen Hawking. I believe the globalist such as Bill Gates doesn’t necessarily have a problem with AI but more in the means of controlling its uses and applications.
One endgame goal of the elite that is getting overlooked in the bustle of the excitement of the latest tech craze is the centralized control of our currency. Artificial intelligence is being projected to play a role in this arena as well. According to AnalyticsVidhya, there are strategic roles that AI can be used in the banking and financial services (BASF) when the data is analyzed.
1. Anti-money laundering – Artificial intelligence can help address suspicious or unusual activity that helps expert money launderers exploit loopholes that, otherwise would go undetected. As the mindset of the money launderer expands in attempts to circumvent the AI, in truths the AI grows with each use.
2. Chatbots for marketing – In the days before the Technocratic Age comes to fruition, we have the test phase era of consumerism. This happens to be where we are today and the big corporations are using artificial intelligence to dissect the consumer down to every need while subconsciously making them aware of their desires. Impulse shoppers are key to mass profits as corporations race to the end for the profits. Chatbots are complex integrated systems which use natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) to feed on the customer’s digital footprints and respond to him with relevant advertisements. As corporations see it as a fast lane into “qualifying their customers” the issue of privacy rights comes into discussion.
3. Algorithmic Trading – According to Investopedia, Algorithmic trading (automated trading, black-box trading, or simply algo-trading) is the process of using computers programmed to follow a defined set of instructions for placing a trade in order to generate profits at a speed and frequency that is impossible for a human trader. This helps keep down errors in trades as the emotional element is removed. Interesting to note that despite its early stages in development around 70% of the trading today is done by automated artificial intelligence systems.
4. Early Fraud Detection – Banking and financial institutions take a hit each year as online consumerism becomes the new norm. Now that the typical transactions made online are done with a bank card, the fraud has become harder for the human eye to detect. The amount of banking information being processed at any given moment worldwide has grown beyond what humans can manage without the benefits of artificial intelligence. Once again, we are on a slippery slope of rights and privacy of the banks and financial institution’s customers.
5. Recommendation Engines – Mimicking from the world of online retail, banks, and financial services organizations are noticing more of their customer’s needs. They started storing, cataloging, and selling the customer purchases, interests and demographics into their AI engines. They have enough data to come up with relevant and interesting recommendations to the customer. This could range from a credit card offer or something as complex as an investment strategy or portfolio building tools.
There are ways that we can use the technology to better mankind, however, knowing whose hands are in possession of the direction of the ways we use artificial intelligence, I cringe at the waste and possible misuses. As we find the proper use of the technology in society who will determine the borders and applications? Who watches the Watchmen?
The stage of AI that has the most worried is the mind stage. Robots in this stage “not only form representations about the world but also about other agents or entities in the world”.This is a psychological concept which is the understanding that beings in the world can have thoughts and emotions which influence their own behavior – something that scientists state was essential in humanity becoming the most dominant race on Earth.
Cryptocurrency is gaining users, and losing users thanks to the Bitcoin pump and dump, as the interest in a blockchain-based currency continues to peek. After the quick build up and unfortunate, yet, predictable windfall surrounding Bitcoin, the long-term investors are remain clinging to their pride, er, investments. It is in the blockchain technology that they are hedging their bets in the attempt to overthrown the Federal Reserve’s unconstitutional monopoly on currency.
As I stated in the opening we are at a point in society that is pivotal to how our future looks. We are between two ages that once the line is crossed the road back could be long and winding or altogether impossible. It is the use of the technology that I fear, not the technology itself. In a world controlled by the shadow elite using a Deep State government to institute a global one-world rule, the last card we need to blindly turn over is something as serious, long-lasting, and life-altering as AI.
Be sure to visit the Fighting the Tyranny website
You can pick up your copy of Michael W. Howell’s book, Anatomy of the Global Agenda